Goal setting allows organizations to come together and coordinate the work of individuals so that everyone is pulling in the same direction. The desire to act and move toward a goal has the potential to unlock intrinsic motivation and productivity. However, research shows that only 8% of people actually achieve the goals they set for themselves. There is a disconnect between the potential of a goal and the actual results we often see. Implementing effective goal-setting techniques creates a bridge between this potential and the actual results and leads employees to the true power of their goals.
This workshop focuses on goal setting techniques that lead to results. We will explore:
- Why most goals fail
- How goals, habits, and process work together
- The 5 steps of setting short-term and long-term goals
- How to measure progress and use small wins to achieve goals
Participants will walk away with the mindset, techniques, and the steps they can implement immediately to set and achieve short-term and long-term goals.
People often begin their education, jobs, and careers with high aspirations and excitement. But, once they face challenges and obstacles many lower their standards or settle for easier paths that they feel comfortable achieving. The biggest threat to innovation, creativity, and productivity is when individuals get into a habit of ‘playing it safe’.
It is crucial for employees to be aware of the self-sabotaging habits that a fixed mindset creates and to know how to foster a growth mindset in themselves and within their team.
This workshop focuses on creating a fulfilling work life through shifting our mindset. We will explore:
- The neuroplasticity of our brains and the role learning plays in brain function
- How to prioritize learning and improvement over results
- How to use mistakes and failures as a catalyst to success
- The 3 steps of fostering growth mindset in the workplace
With these solutions, participants take away techniques that they can work on and nurture within their team to foster a growth mindset, and ultimately, a healthier outlook towards uncomfortable and new challenges.
Effective feedback is vital to ongoing professional development. Feedback clarifies expectations, helps us learn from our mistakes, and provides a blueprint for an organization’s success in training, developing, and retaining talent. Giving and receiving feedback is a delicate process and a poor approach to implementing evaluations can lead to unwanted outcomes in performance and outlook.
Building an effective feedback system creates rapport, fosters an environment where others feel seen and heard, and encourages continuous improvement within the organization.
This workshop focuses on creating a feedback loop that leads to productive performance evaluations. We will explore:
- The impact of feedback on achieving individual and collective success
- How to incorporate evaluations into the process of learning
- How to create a positive and safe space free of bias
- Techniques for giving and receiving feedback
Participants will walk away with an open mind about evaluations, understanding how constructive feedback can help them grow personally and professionally.
It is the consistent and often uneventful day to day efforts, drills, and rituals that lead to excellence, however, we often convince ourselves that success is accomplished as a result of some innate talent or ability. This talent trap slows progress as it removes value from the hard work, practice, and perseverance that is required to succeed. Grit is the key ingredient in sticking with difficulties and reaching our highest potential.
This inspiring talk focuses on rebooting our thinking when it comes to making progress and achieving success. We will explore:
- Why measuring small and seemingly insignificant wins matters
- Strategies for overcoming our tendency to choose the path of least resistance
- How to implement the process of mastery in learning
- How to inspire grit in ourselves and others
Through this talk, participants will view the path to success through a new lens – a healthier lens that enables them to respond to challenges and obstacles sustainably.